Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
About Chandler
Founded in 1892 and incorporated in 1920, Chandler is named for Dr. A.J. Chandler, the first veterinary surgeon appointed to serve the Arizona Territory.  In the 1890's, he acquired some 18,000 acres of irrigated farmland.  The San Marcos Hotel was built in 1913 by Dr. Chandler and was one of the first resort hotels in Arizona.  Once a quiet farm town centered around a tree-lined plaza, Chandler has become one of the third fastest growing cities in the nation.  In the 1990's, it doubled in size and today its planning area encompasses 71 square miles.  Chandler's current population is 238,041.